|I AM NOW RETIRED....... |
This pages information may no
longer be current and links may be broken. These agencies no longer operate under my policies, procedures or supervision.
LCAC, Certified BIP
As a leading expert on domestic abuse, Terry Moore has been interviewed on national TV and many times by local newspapers, radio stations, and television stations. In 2003 he was featured in the nationally award winning documentary Journeys of Survival; Indianapolis Responds to Domestic Abuse. It has been aired by television stations nationwide and locally by WTHR. Local airing of this documentary resulted in the creation of WTHR's Shattering the Silence on Domestic Violence project which continues today.
As one of the original members of the Indiana Coalition Against Domestic Violence (ICADV) Batterer Intervention Program Standards Committee, Terry co-authored the ICADV Standards for Batterers Intervention Programs. Serving two terms as Chair of the committee, he has been instrumental in designing the policies and protocols for implementation of the Standards and the certification processes.
Terry is also the creator and producer of the Cognitive Accountability Training (CAT)Model; an evidenced based CBT curriculum for conducting psycho-educational classes to stop immoral behavior. A research project started in November 2009 provided empirical evidence of the model's effectiveness in changing "criminal thinking" and decreasing violent/abusive behavior.
At one time his practice was one of the largest Batterers Intervention Programs in the State of Indiana, founded by Terry in 1991. It was the first Batterers Intervention Program in central Indiana (and one of the first in the State of Indiana) to achieve certification by the Indiana Coalition Against Domestic Violence (ICADV).
Terry was the first ICADV Certified Batterer Intervention Program Supervisor/Trainer in central Indiana and was honored as the ICADV Batterers Intervention Program Professional of the year for 2009.
Terry Moore began his counseling career more than twenty years ago as a Substance Abuse Counselor at a hospital based chemical dependency treatment center in northern Indiana. Always an activist for positive change and innovation, he ran one of the first Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOP) in the State of Indiana. In 1992 he attended training in Duluth, MN at the Domestic Abuse Intervention Project to become a Batterers Program Facilitator and has specialized in counseling people who are violent and abusive since that time. He has been trained in Moral Reconation Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, Stages of Change, and many other evidenced based practices.
Terry has conducted numerous seminars statewide on the topic Understanding the Dynamics of Family Violence; A Look into the Mind of a Batterer. He formerly served as a certified Law Enforcement Instructor and presenter at the Indiana State Police Academy on the topic of domestic violence. He has conducted seminars and workshops for the Indianapolis Police Department, IU School of Law, IU School of Social Work, Indiana Department of Corrections, Probation Officers Association, Indiana Counselors Association on Alcohol and Drug Abuse, many local Police and Sheriff Departments throughout the State, and many other community organizations, churches, and local domestic violence task forces.
Click here for a video interview of Terry Moore. The interview was video taped by staff of the IU Child Welfare and Training Partnership. It is used for training Family Case Managers about the DCS Standards for BIP.
Terry's professional affiliations include the following:
- Appointed by Governor Daniels to a seat on the Domestic Violence Prevention and Treatment Council (DVPT).
- Served as an elected Executive Board Member of Domestic Violence Network of Greater Indianapolis (DVNGI).
- Served two terms as President of the Domestic Violence Network, Inc. (Indianapolis, Indiana) prior to their merger with Safe Haven Foundation to form DVNGI.
- Indiana Coalition Against Domestic Violence (ICADV) Batterer Intervention Program Standards Committee member over ten years.
- Former Chair of Indiana Coalition Against Domestic Violence (ICADV) Batterer Intervention Program Standards Committee for two terms.
- Co-author of the Indiana Coalition Against Domestic Violence (ICADV) Batterer Intervention Program Standards.
- Co-Founder of the Shelby County Domestic Violence Task Force.
- Past President of Indiana Counselors Association on Alcohol and Drug Abuse (ICAADA).
- ICADV Certified Batterers Intervention Program Supervisor/Trainer.
- IC&RC Internationally Certified Advanced Alcohol & Other Drug Abuse Counselor (Masters Level)
- ICAADA Certified Co-Occurring Disorders Professional Diplomate (Masters Level)
- Licensed Clinical Addiction Counselor (LCAC)
- US Navy Veteran and US Army (Vietnam Era) Veteran